1. What information do we collect?
Information you provide to us;
We may ask you to provide us with certain Protected Information. We may collect this information through various means and in various places through the Services, including account registration forms, contact us forms, or when you otherwise interact with us. When you sign up to use the Services, you create a user profile. We shall ask you to provide only such Protected Information which is for lawful purpose connected with our Services and necessary to be collected by us for such purpose. The current data fields that might be requested for are:
- Full name
- Mobile number
Information we collect as you access and use our services;
How LaBa Cabs uses rider location information
- You'll see a request prompted by your device for permission to share your location information when you sign up for LaBa Cabs, which includes location data collected via bluetooth and nearby wifi signals. As a default, for the best service available the app asks you to turn on location services "Allow all the time." We use location data to find drivers that are near you and help them navigate to your pickup spot. We also use it to display trip history in your receipts, to understand and resolve support tickets, to troubleshoot and solve software bugs.
- If you're using an Android device, you have 3 location settings to choose from:
- Allow all the time: We may collect location information at any time, even when you're not actively using the LaBa Cabs app. If a service needs "Allow all the time" we'll ask for your permission when you enable the service.
- Allow only while using the app: We may collect location information when the app is visible on your screen or when you have requested a ride and during your trip. You'll get a persistent notification in your Android notification panel if location is being collected in the background when you are in the "Allow all the time" settings.
- Deny: This option disables location services for the LaBa Cabs app. You can still use the app, but you'll need to enter your pickup and dropoff locations manually. Location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have disabled location services for your app.
- You can always manage your location settings in your device's location preferences.
- Sharing with Cities and Governments
- In some instances, we're required to share information about the trips taken on our service with cities, governments and local transportation authorities.
- To meet these requirements, we collect geolocation and timestamp data from the devices, taxi cars on our platform.
- This data provides cities with information on where each trip starts, stops and the route taken on the trip. None of the trip data we provide to cities is collected from your personal mobile device or directly identifies you.
- We treat your location information in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
Information third-parties provide about you;
Information collected by mobile applications;
Our Services are primarily provided through the Mobile Application. We may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to such Mobile Applications. When you use any of our Mobile Applications, the Mobile Application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”), in addition to the Device Information, including without limitation:
Your preferred language and country site (if applicable)
The manufacturer and model of your mobile device
Your mobile operating system
The type of mobile internet browsers you are using
Your GPS location
Information collected by advertising on LaBa Cabs website or Mobile Applications;
2. Use of information collected;
3. How and when do we disclose information to third parties
(a) WHEN YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES.
(b) THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING SERVICES ON OUR BEHALF
- We use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, provide or perform certain aspects of the Services on our behalf – such as drivers and companies they work for to provide the Services, other third parties including Digitalocean to host the Services, design and/or operate the Services’ features, track the Services’ analytics, process payments, engage in anti-fraud and security measures, provide customer support, provide geo-location information to our drivers, enable us to send you special offers, host our job application form, perform technical services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services‘ features), or perform other administrative services. These third parties will have access to user information, including Protected Information to only carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Each of these third parties including Digitalocean are required to ensure the same level of data protection as us and are obligated not to disclose or use Protected Information for any other purpose.
(c) CO-BRANDED SERVICES.
- Certain aspects of the Services may be provided to you in association with third parties (“Co-Branded Services”) such as sponsors and charities, and may require you to disclose Protected Information to them. Such Co-Branded Services will identify the third party. If you elect to register for products and/or services through the Co-Branded Services, you shall have deemed to consent to providing your information to both us and the third party. Further, if you sign-in to a Co-Branded Service with a username and password obtained through our Services, your Protected Information may be disclosed to the identified third parties for that Co-Branded Service and will be subject to their posted privacy policies.
(d) CONTESTS AND PROMOTIONS
- We may offer Promotions through the Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, you agree that your Protected Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
(e) ADMINISTRATIVE AND LEGAL REASONS
- We cooperate with Government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Protected Information, IP address, Device Information or GPS-location data), to Government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we reasonably determine is necessary and appropriate: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, Governmental requests or legal process; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Terms and Conditions for online and mobile Services or other policies applicable to any online and mobile Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Company, our Services or any third party; (iv) to protect the safety of the public for any reason; (v) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and /or (vi) to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.
(f) WHEN YOU SHARE INFORMATION
(g) BUSINESS TRANSFER
- We may share your information, including your Protected Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons, including business and operational purposes. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
(h) MARKET STUDY AND OTHER BENEFITS
- We may share your information, including your Protected Information and Usage Information with third parties for any purpose, including but not limited to undertaking market research/ study, conduct data analysis, determine and customize product or service offerings, to improve the products or Services or to make any other benefits/products/ services available to you.
(i) WITH THE OWNER OF LABA CABS ACCOUNTS THAT YOU MAY USE
- If you use an account or profile associated with another party, we may share the details of the trip with the owner of the profile. This may occur: If you use your employer’s profile under a corporate arrangement; If you take trip arranged by a friend.
4. Third party content and links to third party services
- The Services may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect website usage information and your Device Identifier when web pages from any online or mobile Services are served to your browser. In addition, when you are using the Services, you may be directed to other sites or applications that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any of these third parties. For example, if you click on a banner advertisement, the click may take you away from one of our websites onto a different web site. These other web sites may send their own cookies to you, independently collect data or solicit Protected Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We encourage you to note when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of all third party web sites or applications before submitting any Protected Information to third parties.
5. Social media features and widgets
6. Information collected by drivers
7. Change of information and cancelation of account
- You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your Protected Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through email address mentioned on our website or Mobile Application. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.You may also cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Services by following the instructions contained within an e-mail or by logging into your user account and changing your communication preferences If upon modifying or changing the information earlier provided to Us, we find it difficult to permit access to our Services to you due to insufficiency/ inaccuracy of the information, we may, in our sole discretion terminate your access to the Services by providing you a written notice to this effect on your registered email id. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us through email address mentioned on the website www.labacabs.com. We will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including GPS-location) for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you services. Even after your account is terminated, we will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including GPS-location, trip history, and transaction history) as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account, investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reason. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
The Protected Information and Usage Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
9. Grievance officer